Friday, October 3, 2014

23 Weeks

Today I am 23 weeks and 2 days and things are getting real.

There is no mistaking that I am pregnant now and people are noticing.

They also seem to assume I am ready to pop any day. I have only had one other mother (of 5) tell me that I don't look too big for this stage of pregnancy. And maybe she just knows how it is or maybe she was just being nice...

I don't bend anymore and getting out of bed or off the couch or floor requires quite a bit of effort and I am told I have adopted the waddle already.

 This isn't news to me and I expect it by this time, but it's funny how it sneaks up on you. One day you feel sorta pregnant but functional and the next day you can no longer bend over to get your shoes on or pick up toys or get the spoon that fell under the table. Luckily I have little people who can help me with those things. It's only fair since they are closer to the ground and the messes are usually theirs anyway ;)

I'v also realized that I have quite the sweet tooth and I don't remember that in the beginning. But it has to be specific things, like strawberry Pop-Tarts or the Pumpkin Spice Frozen Cappuccino from Wawa. Neither of which I should be having regularly...

 I get the stuff for my glucose test at the end of the month, so that should be fun. I feel fine and I have never failed a glucose test before, but I always worry because there are many people in my family with Diabetes and my mother was borderline during her pregnancy with me and not with my brothers. I don't know if that means anything, but it's always made me a little nervous.

 Plus the drink makes me sooo sick. Why can't we just eat a Pop Tart?


Baby should be about the size of a cantaloupe which seems way too small and way too big at the same time. I think about a cantaloupe not being very big, but then I think about having a whole cantaloupe inside of me on top of everything else that's already in there and it does seem like a lot.


I think I nest my whole pregnancy.  The impending birth, no matter how far away, makes me antsy to get things done.
We have moved the kids into their new rooms, but the stuff is still being consolidated and put away.

We have also  moved my husbands office to the basement where he can be left in peace.  It also gives us a lot more room in our bedroom where the set-up was previously.

It doesn't sound like that much of an undertaking, but it has been going on for about a month now and I still feel like so much has to be done.  Plus there is the all the baby clothes finding and washing and deciding what needs to be replaced or gotten rid of.  I actually got rid of lots of the little boy stuff I had because so much of it was stained and there was another little boy born into the family shortly after Booboo, that needed some things, so I gave a bunch away.  I amazingly have TONS of baby girls things.  And I am having a hard time parting with them...

I still have at least 15 weeks left (if you consider that I never make it past 39 weeks, my last was at 38 weeks and I want baby to be full term, so no more than 3 weeks early please!), but I don't get that much done during the week because of work/school routine and  I must pace myself on the weekends.  That comes to about 14 - 15 weekends of prep-time.  Doesn't sound like a lot when you put it that way, but it's still super exciting!

What do you do to get ready for baby?  Are you a planner or do you wait until the last minute?

     Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1