Friday, July 11, 2014

Veggie Meal Plan: Breakfast Smoothies!

It's hot and sticky out and there is no better time to start a smoothie or shake routine!

I have been talking about doing shakes and smoothies in the morning for a long time, but this weekend I finally had time to get the blender out, find it a home on the counter and GET STARTED!

I have been using whatever we have in the house because I have a stockpile of frozen fruit that I saved as it was going bad.  But after just one week of this, I have blown through most of it already.  It's time to plan my breakfasts so that I can have the necessary produce and ingredients on hand.

P.S.  Smoothies are also a hit with my kiddos.  Even the baby (not such a baby anymore) likes some yummy fruit blends to go with his breakfast :)  I am making super huge batches and still running short when it comes to filling my glass, because, you know, mom always gets what's left.  It's easier than hearing everyone else complain ;)  If I plan better, maybe I will get a whole smoothie.




Bananas are the cornerstone of my smoothies.  It's just not the same without it.



I will probably add a banana...


54 Healthier Smoothies List created by various writers and collected by Great List

I was going to pick out a few of these that sounded good to recommend to you, but I think just pointing you over to their websites is the best and easiest way for you to see the variety that they have listed.  I am Particularly excited by the Black and Blue, Coconut Kale and Pina Colada.  There is also a whole bunch of dairy free, which is awesome!  The Sunrise is right up my ally :)

Also, I am always down for a simple Strawberry Banana Smoothie, heavy on the ice.  But other people like a variety...  and I am now putting It Works! Greens in with my smoothies.  It has been approved by my OB (no surprise, it's all natural!) for me and baby so in it goes!  


I had stopped all supplements until I could speak with my doctor and my morning sickness went from 0 - 60 in about two days.   I am so happy he thinks that it sounds like a great addition to my diet and I have already noticed that the nausea is much more manageable.  Hallelujah!

Greens are great in addition to or in lieu of spinach and kale in your drink.  I like to do both.  Can't hurt, right? 

Happy smoothie making everyone!


     Follow on Bloglovin


If you are looking for more recipes and meal planning ideas, visit OrgJunkie.com and MeasuringFlower.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1