Thursday, July 3, 2014

Veggie Meal Plan 7/3/14

I am making some scheduling changes here on WL.  I think that having the menu planning post makes more sense at the end of the week, gearing up for the coming week, right?  I shop on the weekends right now (since I work during the weekdays) and if we are looking for menu inspiration and we plan on going shopping based on our menu, I think it makes more sense this way.  I think it also gives you, as the reader, the option to add this to your current menu since it probably looks too good to wait for ;)

I am certain that most of you are prepping for a BBQ in the next few days so this is far from your mind, but I am planning for post-4th-of-July-hangover.  Nothing grilled or BBQ-y.

General Tso's Tofu from Domestic Superhero

General Tso's Tofu!!!! I love General Tso's with some yummy fried rice.  I know it's, like, THE WORST thing to order off of the Chinese menu, but it is my favorite!  There was a place in college that made it so, so amazing and that was when the addiction started.  It was just perfect...Giant Styrofoam box piled excessively with pork fried rice and tons of fried sweet and spicy goodness *sigh*...

I've graduated from college and that weekly sinful indulgence, but I am super happy to see a healthier, meatless version to make when the craving strikes.

Black bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers from Ambitious Kitchen

Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers:   I will swap out the quinoa for rice because quinao and I don't get a long very well.  I love it's texture and nuttiness, but for some reason my insides protest when I eat more than a few bites.  I stick with brown rice or couscous when a recipe calls for it.

Healthy Mexican Casserole with Roasted Corn and Peppers from Pinch of Yum

Healthy Mexican Casserole with Roasted Corn and Peppers:  'nough said...

Have a wonderful 4th of July and we will see you back here next week!


     Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1