Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Exporting Your Google Reader Feeds

 photo 17a88e37-4a89-46e6-9b9d-e64d7c915cb9_zps2ba25e89.jpg 

I'm sure you are aware by now that as of Monday, July 1st, 2013, Google Reader will be no more.  This means that all of you subscriptions will no longer be gathered into your nice little space to scour at your leisure.  I love the service that Google offers (right now I'm digging G+), but this makes me kind of mad.  I know I shouldn't be.  Out with old and in with the new all that...

I wanted to write a post that described, very geekely, how to export you feeds, but I don't have the expertise and I don't want to lead anyone astray.  There are plenty of other writers out there that have described the process eloquently, so I am going to refer you to them.

How To Export Your Beloved Feeds:

Mashable:  How to Export Your RSS Feeds From Google Reader
Geek: How to Painlessly Export Your Google Reader
Lifehacker:  Google Reader Is Shutting Down; Here Are Your Best Alternatives
Google:  Transferring Feeds Between Accounts
Google Takeout

Alternative RSS Feed Options:

Bloglovin'  (Import Google Reader in Settings) This is what I am using.
Feedly (features a one touch Google Import)
Bloglines
Netvibes
NewsBlur
Taptu
Pulse
Tiny Tiny RSS Feeder (requires some know-how, but you rely on yourself, not another system)
Zite
The Old Reader
FlipBoard

Also?  You could Subscribe via email :)


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1