Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Fisher Price Rock n' Play Sleeper {Recall Information}

Fisher Price Rock n' Play Sleeper
For the first time in the infancy of 3 children, I was blessed with one who would lie down in the bassinet in absence of Mama’s arms and sleep for extended periods of time.  I thought, “FINALLY!  We have done something right!”


But then, Nemo was diagnosed with reflux and I realized that was the reason he  spit up constantly. He needs to be held upright for 20-30 minutes after eating and he needs to sleep at a 45 degree angle.  So, we began letting him sleep in his car seat ( not recommended by baby experts...) and his bouncy seat (also not recommended...). We do what we have to do.  


Then, my Mother in Law came across the Fisher Price Rock n’ Play Sleeper.  IT. IS. AWESOME.
I love, love, love this thing.  It’s compact, folds up, easily travels from room to room and I don’t have to worry about reflux or him rolling over during the night.  I wish I had this for my other children because I might have actually slept.


So I went in search of some additional info so that I could share my beloved sleeper with you guys and I came across a recall....


Apparently, mold can grow between the plastic and lining causing some infants respiratory problems.  I loved this thing so much, that I purchased one for my parents home for when my Mom watches the kids.  And I bought it second hand.  Ug.


After further examination of the quasi-recall, they don’t actually say that the sleeper needs to be returned or repaired.  It just needs to be cleaned properly if mold should begin to grow.  


Despite this little problem, I still recommend the Rock N’ Play sleeper to everyone who has a small baby.  And I am recommending it to you, now, especially if your baby is struggling with reflux or even a bad cold.  My poor baby has  had his fair share of colds already and the sleeper has kept him from choking on mucus.  It has really saved us on a few different occasions.


So, if you own one of these beautiful sleepers, just be sure to check underneath for mold.  I checked both of mine and there is nothing there.  I imagine this would be more common if moisture was building in there after, say, a diaper leaked or some other fluid were to be spilled.  Just like with anything you use with your children, be vigilant.

If you should have a problem, please contact the manufacturer:

Fisher-Price; at (800) 432-5437, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or online at www.service.mattel.com for more information.

This post includes my personal opinions that were NOT solicited by the company.  I just wanted to share a product I love!

For regular updates, please consider subscribing
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1