Friday, June 12, 2015

Becoming a Stay at Home Mom

Hey guys!  I am still trying to get a handle on how to get everything done with 4 kids.

I don't think I've talked about it much yet, but when I left for maternity leave in January, I was leaving with the idea that we were going to do everything possible to make it affordable for me to stay home full time.

This has been a dream of mine since I became pregnant with our Princess back in 2007 and I have tried various things on the side to bring income it without leaving home.  It is a struggle and not for the fain of heart!  I have been blogging since Dude was less than 1 year and it has always been my favorite way of expressing myself and making a little money on the side.  It's like the ultimate hobby turned "career."

It has taken me many places, both litereally and figuratively and has introduced me to countless people and ideas that I would have never encountered had I not been blogging.

I have taken on two of these opportunities along with blogging and turned them into my 3 main streams of income.  This gives us a financial buffer and is alowing me to stay home with my kids for the first time ever!

As a blogger, you kind of have to be on social media.  It may not be your thing, but at the very least you must see the value in free advertizing.  I have become somewhat addicted to social media in the last few years and I have learned a lot about how to use it to my benefit as a blogger and how it can benefit other small businesses.

You cann find me here >>>>

     Follow on Bloglovin


I cannot help but check in on other's social media accounts and see what is going on with them, so when I see a great company suffering on that front, I offer my services.  I have taken on a couple of accounts recently that I am having so much fun with!  It really helps that I have built a relationship with the owners and my work comes from the heart.  I could not represent something that I didn't believe in.

Another opportunity that was brought to me through blogging is It Works!  I had a friend who was a distributor but we hadn't discussed it too much.  It wasn't until I was approaced by a local distrubutor about reviewing the products on my blogs that I really saw what a great product and company it was.  I am now very involved with It Works! and I feel that it fits perfectly with my lifestyle both as a mother and blogger.



I am having a great time staying home with the kids.  It has been a challenge figuring it all out with our schedules and having time to accomplish everything thing for the kids, the house and work, but I love all of it, so it's exactly what I want to be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1