Monday, November 24, 2014

Truth in The Tinsel and Fun FREE Supplemental Activities and Ideas

Truth in the Tinsel book cover.png

Every year for the last 3, my family has used the Truth in the Tinsel curriculum during Advent.  I prefer to guide my family’s focus toward the true reason for the season (as cliche as that sounds…) instead of Santa and Snowmen and Reindeer.  We do plenty of all that, too, but I want the kids to grow up seeing past the consumerism and see what we are truly celebrating.  

When I was searching for activities do with my kids initially, I was super overwhelmed with the amount of time and effort I was going to have to put forth while taking care of two toddlers and working full time (plus blogging and other side projects).  I didn’t want to screw it up and not get the point across and I definitely didn’t want them to be bored, but I didn’t think I had the time to devote to preparation, research, gathering materials AND doing the activities with the kids.




Truth in the Tinsel was literally and answer to my prayers.  Everything I needed to successfully relay the Christmas story to my kids with lessons and activities was all laid out step-by-step.  But the next best thing is the flexibility that the lessons offer!  You can follow the day by day Advent calendar with a lesson and craft for each day of December OR follow the abbreviated schedule that hits on all the major points (this is great for busy schedules!), OR leave out the crafts and work through the Printable Ornaments OR have you church Sunday School follow along together with the class curriculum!  There is something for every age and time commitment level.


Truth in the Tinsel Book image.png


I have also been following along with the author on social media and there is tons of collaboration among other bloggers so the ideas are endless.  I wanted to share some with you :)


6a00d8341c72ee53ef019b01ea3634970d-800wi.jpg
Pink Paper Peppermints has created a Free Printable Ornament Album.  This is such an awesome idea, especially for those of us with some older kids or have done it for a few years.  We love to remake the ornaments and use them as our tree decorations, but this gives us one more option.

Screen-Shot-2014-11-24-at-6.26.16-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-11-24-at-6.29.15-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-11-24-at-7.42.23-AM.png


Screen-Shot-2014-11-24-at-6.52.17-AM.png


Screen-Shot-2014-11-24-at-6.47.26-AM.png



I highly recommend Truth in the Tinsel if you are looking for a fun way to celebrate Advent with your children!



Follow on Bloglovin

truthinthetinsel-leaderboard.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1