Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs and My Favorite Basic Egg Salad

I missed my usual Monday Menu Post...it seems to be my one and only constant recently and yesterday was just too much to handle.  I know, I should be scheduling these things in advance, but it doesn't sit well with me for some reason.
Anyway, yesterday was hectic because I had, yet another, sick baby.  We have been fighting a very strong virus since the end of March.  It hits you and holds you down for weeks.  It has passed to just about everyone in the family and now poor Nemo has it, plus an ear infection.  He was feverish all weekend an absolutely pitiful on Sunday night.  We went to the doctors and rested yesterday - lots of cuddles were in order.  He has had 3 doses of medicine in him and seems to be feeling like his ornery little self again ;)
Since many of us have dyed eggs in the last week or so, I am sharing my favorite egg salad recipe, which I will be using, and 2 methods to Hard Boil the Perfect Eggs, in case you need to make more.



Here is my favorite recipe for Basic egg salad:
  • ¼ Cup light mayo
  • 1Tbs yellow mustard 1tsp dill
  • ½ stalk celery
  • 7 whole hard boiled eggs
  • 4 hard egg whites
Combine the first three ingredients and then fold into roughly chopped eggs.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Hot sauce isn’t bad either.

Perfectly Boiled Eggs
  1. Place eggs in pot and fill water 1 inch above eggs.
  2. Bring to a rolling boil.
  3. Once it comes to a boil, turn off the heat and let the eggs sit in the water for 13 minutes.
  4. Remove and let cool.

Or follow these directions for BAKING the eggs instead!



I hope that you and yours had a wonderful Easter and are enjoying your candy and goodies :)

  • Please consider subscribing 
    Enter your email address:


    Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1