Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Cozy Memory for Father's Day

 photo 3617657149_53eac01cc6_zpsc755a309.jpg
Photo Credit:  Chris Campbell
In honor of Father's Day, I thought I'd reminisce a little.
I attribute my love of coffee to my dad.
I have a memory of being very little, probably no older than three, sitting on the couch with my dad. This was before my brothers were born and it was just me, so the house is quite.
It's a Saturday morning, we have just finished eating breafast.  It was probably pancakes and sausage.
 We are watching The Three Stooges reruns. He's drinking coffee and I ask for a sip.
He hands me his mug and drink. I like it :)
When he's almost done, he lets me have the rest. It's probably only a couple tablespoons, but it makes me feel  grown up.
My mom is in the kitchen cleaning up breakfast and I hear her running water and clanking dishes.
The sun streaked in behind us and feels warm. My pajamas are comfy and I am happy.
It is a cozy memory.


Happy Father’s Day, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you have those memories to share! And now being parents, you and the Mr. can make memories like these with yours....

    My memories will always be of Sunday mornings, after church at Nini's.

    That's what warms my heart...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

UA-34326293-1