Monday, May 6, 2013

Getting Back to Menu Planning

 photo f845f3fe-a1d0-487f-8007-2ccf92c3455d_zps0b9c7b93.jpgI used to be really good at menu planning and getting together some meals that we could eat on different schedules.  Since my husband has been home more, I have actually slacked on planning and cooking even less.  Not having to be prepared for his crazy schedule and a cut in pay once he went back to school let me relax on what I was buying and preparing on a regular basis.  I actually should have tightened the belt even further since planning and cooking at home are great ways to save money.

Since having the baby, I have lost most of the baby weight just by nursing and eating less, but I still have a chunk hanging on and then residual weight from my previous pregnancies.  Both my husband and I are working on getting back to a healthier weight so planning our meals will be helpful.  This also allows for me to make extra for lunches which ensures that we have a healthy lunch that doesn't cost extra.

I am aiming to have 3 meals planned and cooked ahead each week.  Of course, my recipes will be coming from Pinterest ;)

Classic Cobb Salad with Red Wine Lemon Vinaigrette - I will be sure to have all the chopped ingredients on hand and then we can just add them to fresh lettuce as needed
Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers
Broccoli Cheese Casserole - I am adding chicken to make it well rounded and using low fat milk and cheese.  I  might try substituting something to lessen the amount of diary (tends to be a problem 'round here...) so I will let you know how that goes.

If you would like a template to print and make your meal and grocery lists, this is what I use.

Find more meal planning advice and resources...
http://orgjunkie.com/2013/05/menu-plan-monday-may-613.html

For regular updates, please consider subscribing :)
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner





No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1