Monday, October 14, 2013

Vegan Menu Planning October 14, 2013



I have more story to tell about my transition to a plant based diet, but for now, I will tell you that I had a little health scare that really kicked me in the rear end. It became evident that I am meant to at least try this diet change out for real so that I can decide if it will positively affect my life. Even my ardently carnivorous husband has devoted himself to a meat free diet in support of my new lifestyle. It was unexpected and absolutely appreciated. Extremely touching, actually.

Right now I am adjusting to a texture change in my coffee. I usually take lots of cream and I am trying to replace it, for now, with creamer made from coconut milk. It is plenty sweet on it's own, but I miss the hearty-ness of cream. Any suggestions?

On our menu this week...


Rich n' Creamy Vegan Tomato Pasta  I will be omitting the pine nuts because my daughter has a sensitivity.
Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chipotle Chili
Vegan Green Bean Casserole!!!  I want to try this before the holidays start so I can tweak it if necessary, but I am super excited to find this alternative.  Green Bean Casserole is a MUST on my holiday table.  I could care less about turkey.  All I want is GBC and stuffing - YUMMMMMM.

 If you are interested in receiving updates on posts like this one, please consider subscribing :)
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
If you are looking for further inspiration for recipes and menu planning visit orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1