Monday, October 7, 2013

Seasonally Satisfying Vegetarian Menu Plan for October 7, 2013



I am so thrilled that it is October! This is my most favorite month of the year.

Leaves are changing color, a chill will soon be in the air, we are talking about Halloween and I can finally pull out my sweaters :)

 I feel like October kicks off the holidays season. Halloween flows into Thanksgiving and then before you know it, it's Christmas!

For me, food is such a part of everyday and seasons/holidays are no different. I, like many others, crave comfort food when the weather turns cold and wet. Many of the foods I associate with comfort are less than dietetic so I am trying to eat seasonally satisfying.

Easier said than done...but these recipes do a really nice job :)

Eggplant Gratin with Herbs and Creme Fresh
Brown Rice with Squash, Spinach and Figs
Rice and Beans
Grilled Sweet Potato Salad

If you are looking for further inspiration for recipes and menu planning visit orgjunkie.com

If you are interested in receiving updates on posts like this one, please consider subscribing :)
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1