Thursday, May 16, 2013

How To Dry Nail Polish Quickly

As a busy mom, I often forgo the simple luxuries that I once took for granted.  This includes nice looking nails.  I love to get manicures and pedicures, but I can't bring myself to pay for them.  And scheduling the time to do it is even worse -  I just don't go.

Doing my nails at home is the only way they get done at all, but then I have to find the time to let them dry and that means that I can't be doing anything else so I don't mess them up.  That doesn't happen either.

What's my trick?

Drying my nails in the the shower (or washing dishes)!

Sounds counter intuitive, right?

I didn't believe in it at first either.

My aunt once told me that she noticed if she did the dishes after painting her nails, they seemed to be dry faster.  She hypothesized that it had something to do with the dish soap.  I considered it, but I was a teenager with loads of time on her hands.

Fast forward to now - three kids, no privacy or time to myself unless I'm in the bathroom (and that is only about 40% of the time...)


 photo 87e13707-2f84-40d9-b682-1f38c289b9ad_zpseab1b984.jpg
 
1.  Swipe nail polish remover over the old polish, not necessarily removing all of it, because this allows some cleanliness and texture for the new polish to adhere to.
 
2.  Apply 1-2 coats of polish (depending on your brand).
 
3.  Wait 1-2 minutes to let it set.
 
4.  Hop in the shower.  DONE!

I take about 10-15 minutes in the shower and by the time I am done, my nails are dent proof :)

This same technique can be applied to your manicure if you choose to wash dishes or simply soak your hands in a bowl of ice water and apply dish soap.

I do this for my daughter, too, because she's four, loves her nails painted and can't sit still very long.

And no, this doesn't seem to affect the integrity of the polish.  Mine chips much sooner using one of those quick dry top coats.

Please Consider Subscribing :)
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. I never knew!!! I'll definitely have to try this next time because I am always messing them up when I actually take the time to do them :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-34326293-1