Monday, June 23, 2014

Veggie Meal Plan 6/23/14

It's funny...I told you that you may find recipes here that have meat in them because I was needing a bit more protein and my family wanted to see a little variety.  I could probably just eat rice and beans with a side of roasted veggies and maybe a piece of crusty bread on the side nearly every day.

But I have noticed that since adding a bit of meat here and there, I think to myself "This was so much better without the chicken/fish/beef.  It's ruining the texture and flavor!"

I never thought that I would dislike the flavor and especially the texture.  If anything it's the texture of meat in my food that has brought me back most times.  I have always missed the heartiness that meat adds to a meal.
But it doesn't seem so this time around :)

I will still be making things that please my whole family, but if I feature the recipe here, you can bet that the meat and maybe even the dairy can be supplemented or left out completely.




More rice and beans ;)  I am trying to figure out my most favorite way to eat them.  Sometimes my kids rave about how rice and beans can be, but if I add to much other stuff they won't take a second look.  There is an awesome authentic Mexican restaurant and grocer in our town that has the MOST AMAZING rice and beans and I would love to have the recipe to mess around with.  I can guarantee that there is pork or something in the broth but I bet we could figure something out!



This is one of the recipes that you could completely omit the chicken from.  It looks super delicious and I don't think you would miss the meat at all.




When my husband and I were dating we used to go to Cosi a lot and we always got this Hummus and Veggie on flatbread.  I was super yummy!  And since we both ate it, we could both have hummus breath ;)  Since then, the Cosi in our area has gone down hill a bit so we don't go anymore, but I have been looking for a replacement for that sandwich.  This grilled wrap seems comparable. 

Have a wonderful week everyone and don't forget about our Savory Summer Giveaway!  It will go on through Monday, June 30th.  Enter to win dozens of food related prizes including the Grand Prize - a Calphalon Cookware set worth $700!



I am giving away two printable Kitchen Charts and a copy of Quick & Easy Vegan Comfort Food: 65 Everyday Meal Ideas for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Over 150 Great-Tasting, Down-Home Recipes

Go Here to Enter :)

     Follow on Bloglovin

If you are looking for more menu plan inspiration, check out Orgjunkie and Measuringflower!


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1