Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Lord's Prayer


We have a pretty standard evening routine at home.


  • Dinner
  • Baths
  • Play/watch a TV show or movie
  • Potty/brush teeth
  • Story
  • Prayer
  • Bed


This has been the routine since Princess was 18 months old and it has worked pretty well for us.  When I began the routine with her, I began saying this prayer with her, hoping to encompass everything that I possible could - to be as specific as possible while still remaining the same each night.  I have always felt that The Lord's Prayer is mandatory.  I don't know why, but since I learned it when I was 5, that is how it has been.  I say it first and tack on extra at the end.

At the time I began this, I was trying to transition Princess from co-sleeping to sleeping in her own bed.  I had a Little Man who was only two months and all I wanted was to get some sleep and get them both to the point where I could lay them in their beds and say good night without a tantrum or hours of back and forth, up and down the stairs.  I was exhausted I was praying for everything.

This is our prayer.  We still say it this way every night.  It's long and they chime in on the parts they
remember.



Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil:
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever...

Dear God, Please bless us.
Please help us to have a good and safe night and day tomorrow.
Please grant us all health, happiness and safety and place a hedge of protection around us and our loved ones.
In Jesus' name, Amen.


Please consider subscribing 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner






No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1