Monday, November 25, 2013

My Essential Recipes for a Vegan Thanksgiving



I was a Vegetarian for many years and Thanksgiving was no big deal.  I just skipped the turkey and found out that it was my least favorite part anyway.

Vegan Thanksgiving is a little different.  There are many basic ingredients that are part of everyday cooking that are off limits.  That being said, I REALLY don't want to give up my holiday traditions.  I want all the same food that we always have at the table...just modified.

Here are the dishes I hold dear and their replacement recipes.  I hope that you find this helpful!

Turkey (not necessary for me, but I bet lots of others feel differently) // Tofurkey with Golden Gravy
Stand alone gravy // Savory Mushroom Gravy
Green Bean Casserole // Clean Green Bean Casserole (Vegan, Paleo) and Healthy Green Bean Casserole
Dinner Rolls // Vegan Fluffy White Dinner Rolls
Cranberry Sauce // Vegan Cranberry Sauce
Pumpkin Pie // Vegan Pumpkin Pie 3 Ways (They all look fantastic!)

Mashed Potatoes and Stuffing can be the same recipes with a few substitutions:

Milk/cream --unflavored, unsweetened soy or almond milk
Butter--Earth's Best

If you are interested in receiving updates on posts like this one, please consider subscribing :)
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
If you are looking for further inspiration for recipes and menu planning visit Orgjunkie.com and MeasuringFlower.com

1 comment:

  1. I've tweeted your post. People are always looking for vegan recipes.

    ReplyDelete

UA-34326293-1