Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Thoughts On The Market Street Building Collapse in Philadelphia

Yesterday, on the 2100 block of market Street in Philadelphia, a building collapsed killing 6 people and injuring at least 13 others. 

Reports claim that construction next door to the Salvation Army Thrift Store caused the accidental collapse. 

Witnesses rushed to the aid of those trapped inside while the rescue workers were on their way. One of which was a high schools student. 

This may not be the most horrific event we have watched in the last year, but it is nonetheless tragic. It also hits close to home for me because we live in close proximity to the city. 

I want to commend those who risked their well-being to help others, both trained and untrained. I also want to extend my condolences to the families who lost loved ones in the accident. 

It is hard to understand when such an unusual thing happens what the purpose is. "Where is God?" people ask. I can't explain why those who died were chosen to be taken home yesterday, but I can tell you that God was in those people who saw what happened and raced to help. He was in the rescue team and witnesses who were brave enough to put their lives on the line.
 
 
***Sending Prayers to and for all involved***
 
Below is a 6abc newscast covering the building collapse


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-34326293-1